How to hire a business intelligence analyst
2020欧洲杯体育投注平台Modern businesses deal with large volumes of information every day. If you wish to remain competitive in rapidly evolving markets, your ability to collect and process that data to inform better business decisions is key. A business intelligence consultant can help you better use the information you collect on a daily basis.
2020欧洲杯体育投注平台So how do you hire business intelligence analysts? Here are some tips for finding top business intelligence analysts on Upwork.
How to shortlist business intelligence professionals
2020欧洲杯体育投注平台As you’re browsing available business intelligence consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles using criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want a business intelligence analyst who understands your IT infrastructure so they’ll know how to pull and present your data.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., creating presentations with Tableau).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular business intelligence contractor.
How to write an effective business intelligence analyst job post
2020欧洲杯体育投注平台With a clear picture of your ideal business intelligence analyst in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
2020欧洲杯体育投注平台An effective business intelligence job post should include:
- Scope of work: From generating master reports to coordinating with stakeholders, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to take control of your data and gain insights to make better business decisions? Log in and post your business intelligence job on Upwork today.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYSTS FAQ
What is business intelligence?
Your business likely collects a broad range of data and information on a daily basis. However, on its own, that data isn’t readily usable. Business intelligence refers to the tools, technologies, and techniques used to translate what that data can mean for your company.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in business intelligence professionals:
- Business intelligence and analysis
- Data science
- Data analytics tools and languages such as Excel and SQL
- Business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, Salesforce, and Zoho
- Strong written and verbal communication
Why hire business intelligence analysts?
The trick to finding top business intelligence analysts is to identify your needs. Are you looking for a strong background in data science and programming to implement machine learning into your business intelligence pipeline? Is your company undergoing a major pivot and in need of an analyst with change management experience? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a business intelligence professional?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced business intelligence consultant may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their business intelligence services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.